Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Language

Language is a powerful tool. Look at the Founders' documents. There is much analysis of those. I want to digress and talk of another aspect of language ie cussing (Something the Founders could do as well.).

I took out a post because it was rather blue. I have no objection to cussing. I think it can be great stress relief. Maybe quality and quantity is what I'm driving at. Also the direction and pitch help it to be at times almost eloquent or OTOH disastrous.

I knew a guy who could 'criticize' with such skill, the object of his attention didn't realize til later, like a time bomb, what went off. IOW, f*** you, you f****** f****** is kinda lame. Unless you are roundhousing. But who wants to telegraph their blows lol?

Of course, standards like 'take a flying f*** on a rolling donut', 'I don't care if you c*** in your hat and wear it backwards', 'milk a flock of ducks' hold precious memories for me. Then there is my engraved card, which states, 'You are cordially invited to go s**** yourself' (for those formal times when you care enough etc).

Some have described cussing as a crude desperate attempt to have the last word. I don't think so especially per the aforementioned reasons. Oh, if you solely rely on it sure. And aquick jab can be concise. Timing, chingistas. So don't be schmucks (extra points for other languages).

As shown, it can reach a persuasive expressiveness, cutting to the quick. Or it can be a boorish flood. Poetry or paltry.

Here is to the poets of purple prose! May your words wither AND refresh!

No comments: