Monday, October 24, 2022

Books..

 Paper and ink are the tools, activated by mind and spirit, which are the makers of vehicles that can take us anywhere.


Sure, there are electronic options now.  But, nothing touches the soul like paper and ink.


Mind you, I have recorded texts etc.  They are a marvelous way for the written word to be shared with the sight impaired.  They can accompany us on trips, during chores and times to recreate.


Still, for me, nothing reaches, touches me like paper and ink.


Certainly, paper books never burn out/lose power.  A little weight/bulk won't hurt.  They can be destroyed.


I lost most of my collection.  I am now slowly rebuilding.  However, books live in my mind and spirit.


People have suffered greater losses..  Look around.


Books can inspire and open.  They can also maintain a closed status quo.


Find out for yourself.


They are not just lumps or cyphers taking up space.


They are reference, ready to carry us to our own accomplishments.


Books can feed our spirits.


Some briefly fill, then leave us hollow.


Others have seemingly infinite power to boost our lives.


Read and decide.

No comments: