Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Paper

 Or plastic?  Well no.  Separate issue.  


I'm old school.  I usually get a printed receipt for most purchases.  And there are plenty of trees, though I recycle.  Of course, I can check my bank statement.  But what if the lights go out?


I'm a great fan of paper and ink.  Moving, I'm reminded how heavy a box of books can be.  Still, the workout is worth it.  


I remember a power outage years ago.  That was a matter of waiting til the lights came back on.  No problem.  I read and wrote by candlelight.  A kid we knew practically withered being computerless.  


I remember pre pc days.  Perhaps the kids will see electronic wonders yet untold.  But the issue remains: What if the juice is cut off.  It's simple really.


Store everything you can.  Disperse it.  Both print and memory drives.


Capture it now before history etc becomes a memory faded with collectivist drivel.


Learn some old fashioned ways and check new tech.


Scissors cut paper but paper wraps rock.  Rock blunts scissors.


Never give up.

No comments: