Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Sums

 I don't make resolutions.  If I want to get fitter, I go about it.  I stop and start something when I determine it.  But the end of a year and a beginning do give way to thoughts of success and failure.  Things cross my mind big and small in my life.


Old commercial jingles from childhood, to encounters long gone are frequent companions.  Stuff inconsequential except for me just rise from seemingly primordial memories.  They bring tears or laughter when associated with events tiny and huge.  


Tonight it's the kids.


Wife's pregnancies, those months caring and reading Shakespeare at night, to feeling the movement of life come to mind.  The danger due to previous miscarriages, to realizing life was changing and was more populous are remembered.


Diapers and tears to laughter and songs and all in between followed.  Yep music was important.  The kids got a taste of lots from Dr Demento to Classical.  


When it came to TV/movies, we sat and explained together.  Having an acting background helped that.


Life?  Questions asked and answered.  Sometimes on the mark, others food for thought.


Realism was prevalent, yet there was plenty of artistic imagination.


We worked together and well.


As for me, my parentung is a hallmark of my life.  It is mt greatest achievement to be a father ot the kids.


There's more but this sums it up.


The future is theirs.


They will pass it on. 

No comments: