Sunday, June 1, 2008

Canadian Border Gun Questions

A guy on a list that I frequent mentioned a trip to Canada recently. He had business to finish, contracts to conclude. Of course, he had to pass through the checkpoint. No problem. I wish we had this along the southwestern border. It's the nature of some of the questions that has me wondering.

First, the questions were routine. He was asked if he were a citizen of the US or Canada. US. Why was he entering Canada? His unfinished business, which he explained. What kind of work? He further elucidated. After several questions re his particular work, it 'got interesting' as this guy said.

'Do you have any guns?' No. 'I mean do you own any guns?' He stated he had none with him. More insistently, 'But do you own any guns?' He was incredulous. The govdrone persisted. 'Do you have any guns at home? How many?' (????) He gave an estimate as to how many. Remember this guy was on his way back to complete work and he was tired to boot. 'How many handguns?' (WTF?) He mentioned a couple. 'What kind?' He mentioned Glock 23 and 26. 'You like the Glocks so much?' He mentioned the grip suited him. 'OK. And you have no guns in the van?' He stated he wouldn't bring them 'up here'. 'OK. Go on.'

WTF does a sovereign country's rep have asking these questions? Sure, ask what is the reason for entry. I've been asked that. Even the type of business etc. Like I said, we should have that on the southern border. But the Canadian Government has NO business asking a citizen of another sovereign country what he owns , and what kind. I'm surprised the drone didn't ask why. Then again, that wouldn't be germane to the situation.

I suspect it was a fishing expedition. The Canadian gun grabbers are very detail oriented, just like our own antis who ask similar unconstituional questions (Of course, there is no Bill of Rights in Canada). Could info be shared? I bet it will be eventually.

I would politely decline to answer. If searched, fine-not fine. If further harassed, I would further protest. If barred, I would create as much of a stink as I could.

The net is tightening, friends. This coming week, we have Marines doing 'realistic urban traing exercise' in Indianapolis. This will include 'checkpoints'.

I hope they stop my wife and/or I. They will get a lecture on Freedom they will never forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They didn't stop us but flew treetop level. Loud Chinooks.