Saturday, June 6, 2009

Keyboard Commandos Etc

There has been much talk lately of said people.

Apparently, there are some who have fought who take umbrage to those of us who have not done so talking of combat. Don't throw the baby out with the bath. We are all in this together.

I speak, of course, of the fight to restore the Constitutional Republic. It's gonna take a lot of folks in a lot of jobs to effect this. War, however fought, is always so.

There are some who are delusional. They seem to think that playing games and theorizing make them 'experts' on war. They labor under a misconception to say the least. Reminds me of some gamers who confuse their 'knights in shining armor' characters with what or even who they actually are. I know of one who thought it would be nice to try fencing. He (flabby and soft) fell exhausted after one class session and subsequently dropped out.

To seriously approach being ready to fight, I suggest they check out some of Mike Vanderboegh's 'Praxis' articles. www.sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com Just look for them.

For a ready reference aka training etc try Pete's Western Rifle Shooters blog. www.westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com

Learn from the professionals. Train. 'More tools for the toolbox' from reliable sources.

I would NEVER pretend to be something I am not. Nor would I associate with any who do. I reserve the right to study history and I will comment as I see fit. If I am wrong, please correct me. I've had many an eye opening talk with vets both mil and intel.

To those who paint with a broad brush, look before you leap. You might be eschewing those who will be among the most ardent fighters.

To those who think that seeing a war movie or playing a game qualifys you for what well is coming, you are seriously wrong. Wake up or get out.

When the rubber hits the road be ready to drive.

3 comments:

teacher said...

The sum of all parts?

Sean said...

I wouldn't worry too much about vets who dis ya about being a newbie, or not experienced in combat. I ran into a lot of that in Viet-Nam, and found them vain, and not helpful at all. I learned a good lesson that way, and when I stayed in the Army, I always strove to cut out the old campaigner shit. Instead, I did my best to welcome each new soldier, looking at him as if he were me, uncertain, untried, wanting to do well. This high handed routine of treating the new guys like shit, because they were new, or for whatever reason, is stupid, and counterproductive. To give the new guy the benefit of your experience, professionally and smoothly, is the essence of what it means to be a vet. Teaching them to hate you is bullshit. I work at teaching kids to shoot, and my own about tactics and fire and manuever, and they always get the benefit of doubt, when it comes to their inexperience. My personal mark is that if I raise my voice above normal level, I'm doing something wrong. I've always had good troops, because they were always treated right. That screaming, insulting, less than human treatment is for movies and amateurs. You won't catch the keyboard commandos on the battlefield anyway, they'll be in the rear with the gear. And the pro's reading this will know I am right.

Mike H said...

Glad to hear Sean.

I consider the kcs to be those guys who see movies or play games and think they are ready for 'action'. Like the fat kid I mention in the post, they are delusional.

Training I have with some guys who have been there (Need more edged weapon training).

As for experience, only against druggers and gangs who have threatened us. Long story.

For combat experience, it may come one day if we must fight to protect our Freedom.

As Mike V says,'War is a dead baby in a ditch'. Horrible things have and would happen. People should think it through and prepare for the worst but hope for the best.