Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Nerds

In the tradition of opportunism there is a candy called Nerds.  Nothing sweet here.

Bookworm was the term when I was a kid.  It swiftly segued to nerd in the 60s.

Nerds tend to be singleminded.  I've found when it comes to Liberty, that's admirable. 

Often when these folks obsess, they ignore social graces and personal hygiene.  There expertise can be quite phenomenal. 

My kids call themselves nerds, though they are quite erudite.  Maybe I'm a James Bond nerd lol.

My dealings, both as a fan and writer/actor have led me to meet many folks who wear the nerd mantle.  I've found quite a few to be decent honest folks who love something particular.  I have also met the opposite.

Like all people/groups there are those who embrace the darkside.  Some are persecuted and take out their abuse on innocents as well as the guilty.  But, free will being what it is, others choose willingly to follow the fallen.  It is those who control much of msm and social media.  I say control, but they to have their masters.

Many of them appear insipid, even meek/Casper Milquetoasts.  But they are cunning little weasels, plotting to control.  Arrogance of course is their chief characteristic.  They are among the worst Bertha Better'n Yous.  Beta males enraged.  Some females too, as witness several 'marchers'.

When I was in high school, I was friends with some of the 'brief case breakfast club' members.  It was a label given our especially math oriented nerds.  These were generally ok guys/gals who simply had a particular expertise.  I manage to relate to folks and listen.  That's so left out these days.

If you accept people as they are, they are friendly, forthcoming, except for actual collectivist puppets.  But if you see them as they truly are, then shine the light.  Nothing puts bullies on the spot than scrutiny.

Above all, be yourselves.  Be honest.

No comments: