Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sick And Well

Sometimes the last days seem to predominate our memories.

Someone was vibrant, alive, always on the move.  They had a life and shared of thenselves.

Then illness strikes.  The slow descent begins.  Deterioration sets in.

With many illnesses, it is slow.  Memory is different for those taken quickly.  Perseverance.  Love,  Grief.  They all play a part.

Sometimes, we become so engaged in care and worry, we forget all the good before.  Or there are regrets of things left undone.  Persevere.

I hope those ill have been good parents etc.  Remember the good things.

I remember A Dad with whom I went to ballgames etc.  He taught me content of character.

I recall a good dog, who was loving strong loyal and brave.

Two not really disparate examples.

A Father who said I was full of the old stuff and a doggie bounding down the stairs to joyously greet me.

Sure, there were the times when they slowly failed and we took care of them.

But we have that foundation of strength and love which never goes away.

No comments: