There are different kinds of angels and they have different purposes. That's standard angelology.
There are the Heavenly Hosts. And there are more down to earth angels.
I believe there are actual spiritual beings but also those of the flesh.
There are people who do heavenly things, though they might be obscure or at least small, even fleeting.
I was just reflecting on some encounters as I meditated and ruminated.
One time, I was about to move literally to another location and into another phase of my life. I was more wondering than nervous.
I gave thought as I did my laundry at a nearby laundromat.
It was evening, twilight, and no one else was there, except for one guy.
We started talking about my circumstances and he encouraged me to go forth. I would see and do what i would.
He bolstered me and the odd thing was he didn't seem to be tending a load. He just casually sat and calmly talked.
He bade me farewell and as I left I turned and he seemed to disappear.
Another time, I was on a lonely country road, hitchhiking.
The weather was getting stormy, the intensity increased.
Wind was whipping and the clouds darkened.
I prayed for a ride before it broke.
A car appeared down the road. It was just a plain old sedan. The driver stopped and said to get in. He also said don't touch anything.
The storm immediately broke. It was torrential, one couldn't see and the atmosphere was black and green.
The car rocked and lightning danced across the hood.
It was over quickly but seemed forever.
We continued down the road.
I tripped and fell on a jagged piece of sidewalk downtown.
Down I went, injuring my right knee and scrapping my leg.
I yelled in surprise and shock.
There was not a single person near. But suddenly,
I heard a guy's voice ask if I was ok. A hand reached down and pulled me straight up, effortlessly.
A tall thin young man stood there and had concern in his face.
I said I'd make it now and he smiled and said good.
On he went and I could see him down the street.
Another time of reflection and trial was closing in on me. We lived in a strange place full of spiritual/psychic impulse.
A man was going door to door, saw me and said 'hey brother!'
He was dressed casually with a cap.
I said hi and continued on my way. On the way back, he was still there, seemingly going door to door.
He encouraged me to carry on.
Saw him again when one day on the bus, I look across the street. There he was, dressed the same in a small group ready to cross. He looked sideways so I could see who it was.
I looked round the corner then back. He was gone. Disappeared. There was not enough time for him to have walked away. He was gone.
Now, the common thread here is the feeling imbued.
Calm, reassurance, even peace. Fortitude. Comfort.
No fear, even in a storm.
I've had many more encounters.
I can only tell you they are real and God sent.
No comments:
Post a Comment