Saturday, November 1, 2008

Masks

How appropriate for the time of the season eh? Parties, trick or treat (rather true for the election), pretend occupy our time. Well, time is running out. The masks are falling.

As an actor, I've worn several masks ie characters. I have portrayed good and bad, noble, fallen and those who are confused. I hope to play many more soon. I do so because I love the art. Also, I wish to truly tell stories and make a lasting mark for light. That is to come. For now, think 'of the world'.

In Hollywood, the world of actors artists celebrities etal, is a life of facade. It is projection. Here (as it were) is oneself. There, on camera, is a character. Here, is the actor/artist/ interviewed. Seen is part of a person. The impression concerning a particular film, moment, even a world event. The true self goes home to, in my case a family that not just waits, but is busy itself. The lights are off. We are breathing, sweating, living. No more impressions. This is where (as I used to say when a preacher) the 'rubber hits the road'.

I believe that the masks are falling all over the world. There seems to be an 'honesty', a transparency forming.

No longer are we accepting face value. We are demanding more. We want to know 'what's going on'. We must look at ourselves.

Scarier that Halloween methinks. There is no place to hide. We MUST look at ourselves and one another. We must see our true selves. There is no place to run.

It seems to produce a nauseous quality. Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Seeing our families, neighbors, candidates, let alone ourSELVES bereft, wanting. Pray for the masks to fall.

On the other hand...It might show us up to the task. In spite of ourselves, we may be ready, able to go forth. To do what?

You ask me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riptide caught in a riptide. Caught in a riptide of love.....

Anonymous said...

I know a dark secluded place. A place where noone knows your face. A glass of wine a fast embrace. It's called Hernando's Hideaway..Olay!

Anonymous said...

Ask on. Ask yourself!

Anonymous said...

RP, are you Ron Paul -s-? Indeed we will be caught. And in facing ourselves and even others, it could be tough. If we try to run and hide, it will get worse vis a vis false perceptions. People will start to NOT buy the load dumped on us. I hope that personally, we accept ourselves and become who we should/could be.

Anonymous said...

Gotta go, but I'll be back after much of the shuffling and shouting. I have some comments in store! David Codrea said something about either the frying pan or the fire. I agree. I've got comments and some posts just ahead to 'illuminate' what and who we face. Friends and foes too.

Anonymous said...

So fire is chosen. Must dust off my flameproof suit! I will comment further soon, but remember this: Stay focused. Watch this marxist bird. Keep a grip on your emotions. Prepare for the worst and hope even now, for the best.

Anonymous said...

Just like this country has been living a lie. That lie will increase with the advent of the 'lightworker'.

But those courageous enough to see what's happening and stand up to it will start the tide turning. Don't be afraid to face yourselves. It's a start. Then nothing can faze us. All the assaults literal and figurative, of the enemy will come to naught, despite the price.

So, armed thusly, we need not be afraid or repulsed by what's behind the man who is prepared to 'rule' January 20.