Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19

4:30am 19th of March, 1928. Pat McGoohan's birthdate and time (Bet a bunch of people have done charts.). Some of you may think I'm running this into the ground. It's simple. Pat McGoohan was inspiring to me. His friendship meant a lot. His death had a profound impact on me. It got me to recollecting so many who have crossed over. And how and why I remember them.

Some I hold in high regard, like Pat, Bob Wise, Schluep, my Dad, my Great Grandma and many others. Others I remember, but in a low way such as Julia Carson, Hitler, FDR, my paternal grandfather and several more.

We so desperately want to hold on sometimes. I remember when Bob Wise died. One of the thoughts that crossed my mind was, 'I'll never get to work with him'. Same with Pat McG and some others I've known in the biz and some I didn't. Then I'd think how that was selfish. After a while, I realized that it wasn't. I have respect for their work that I only wished to learn more. And for Pat etal, I wanted the 'party' to go on.

When my Dad crossed over, I had hoped for more time. Once in a while even now I think how fine it would be to sip a beer and smoke a cigar with him and how I regret he isn't here with his grandkids. Of I weren't human, I wouldn't feel that way. Being human includes regrets as well as acknowledging mistakes. How else would we learn?

I was quite angry with Dad for a while that he had gone. I bounced back. I realized we have to be glad for what time we had.

I still miss him and so many more. But I have my memories. And I have my own life to live. I am a parent. I will give my kids what I can while I can. I am a friend and husband etc. I will use my time and be who I am. I am the better for knowing them all. I pray they are better for knowing me.

When I have some whiskey and a cigar, I don't lose my self in drunken remorse. I celebrate. I remember Pat for instance recently and am proud to have been part of his life as he was part of mine.

When it's over for me in this temporary house of flesh, may I have done what I can. Sure, there will be some things undone. But, I hope that what I do now is worth it all. That those who go on after me will continue, will live and do whatever it takes to be free.

I will not waste time. As I have said, I will use it and pass that on.

Use time and talent. Do what you can. It may not seem like much but it will be enough. Prepare others to carry the torch. Whether you believe in afterlife, passing Light of Freedom will guarantee life after you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will be work for you after as well Bless you.

Anonymous said...

How does this apply to freedom etc? Thought you were using this blog to get the word out about how our freedoms are going away.

Mike H said...

It applies to Freedom because this post speaks of the kind of person I hope I am. That person cares personally about people and the Republic. This caring is the energy that fuels my passion to Restore said Republic.

Our Freedoms go away when we stop caring. I'm not afraid to bare part of myself. Neither should you.

Besides, I'm sure those watching us have something with whcih they think they can pinpoint me -s-.

Anonymous said...

What's with grandpa?

Mike H said...

Wondering why I'd mention someone so closely related? Do you have someone in your family circle who, though blood tied, is not what they should be? Bad apple? Corny def. Something else for the watching alphabetters to ponder. They should ask themselves who are their role models.

Blood is not always thicker than water.

'He is my brother and sister who cares about Freedom' to paraphrase JC.

Anonymous said...

A kaleidoscope of thought and feeling always. A place to refresh.