Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Secret Of Clutter

I've cleaned house before.  Even the 200 year old house Ruthie owns.  But more always seems to creep in.

Now I'm not a neat freak.  I like a place for everything and everything in its place.  And sure, I still misplace stuff lol.  But no too often -s-.

Toss toss toss.  That's the order of the day.  Search, yes.  I found my Steve McQueen t-shirt a while back in a bag of otherwise old clothes.  Almost forgot about cuz life moves on.  Mostly though stuff goes bye bye since it's too far gone to give to the poor.  There is such a thing as dignity and worth.  Clothes have to be clean and wearable.  It's like feeding people.  You give them a start then they can get their own.  As to clutter, that's up to them -s-.

Always examine things and don't throw the baby out with the bath.  Or don't throw the bag/box out with something missed.

Uncluttering takes simple determination.  Quickly evaluate and toss, keeping only a few things.  Thinking fast on your feet helps.

Psychologically clutter can represent security.  It's a real barrier while the mind shields whatever threatens.

It can also hold certain treasures dormant.  But once uncovered, there is no turning back.

I suppose it could be a silver lining.  Or it could just be an unloading.

It won't slow you down.  It will speed you up.

No secret there.

3 comments:

teacher said...

Cuz?

Mike H said...

Cut me some slack teach. Besides, didn't you sometimes say 'what's it gunna be?' -s-

teacher said...

Yep lol.