Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Morning Talks

In grade school, back in the day, we had what were called 'morning talks'.

This consisted of each student every morning, giving a 3 to 5 minute talk on a subject of his/her choice.

The subjects consisted of very down to earth things, such as how to make and bake a pie, how to fish, baseball, you name it.

When it came to my turn, I guess I was different.

We rotated through the year and among my topics I included monster makeup in movies, talking about monsters/scifi characters, Western movies/TV shows and guns.  Yes, I talked about collecting them and some of the different kinds.  Noone batted an eye.

Need I say how we've changed culturally?  The collectivists have done a 'good' job making such things verboten and at least outre.  Except, for some of us, it has remained the same.

Now, I don't live in the past.  But, there are constants.  Our basic principles dealing with Liberty have not altered, not one iota.  It sure rubs against the grain of cultural Marxism.

I am asking each of you to carry on.  The collectivists call us reactionaries.  They say we are a dying breed.  I was told this recently, intimating I would be eliminated.  To them I say try and see what you get.  Lessons in Freedom await.

Pass it on.  It's how I learned, beginning in those days of yesteryear and continuing with my own kids and other young ones.  Freedom to share, cogently and steadfastly do more than survive the wretched disease of liberalism/collectivism.  We assure the Republic rises and shines in a new morning, freshly traditional.

I used to wonder how to fill those 3 to 5 minutes.  To a kid it seemed a long time.  I found, as did most, that the time flew when taking up a topic which was loved.  Our teachers I hope still smile at us for inspiring us to communicate.

A few minutes.  A fresh start. 

Time is flying.

Fly with it.

3 comments:

teacher said...

We still do son -s-.

Mike H said...

Thanks aren't enough. I know, doing is the answer. Kept this topic from 2009 tucked away for just the right moment.

teacher said...

Freedom eggs lol.