Saturday, March 30, 2019

Infinity...

Endless.  It can mean the unexplainable except for a term to define it.  Timeless.

Ever wonder how God could be forever?  I used to think on that as a kid and get dizzy as a result.  Think is the operative word.  We need more, all of us.

Infinity is a philosophical concept, as well as a psychological and mathematical one.  It was interestingly the mathematical that got me going here.

I was researching the language of mathematics and noted the parallels between that and languages in general.  It led me to consider the intricacies involved and how some are flummoxed by it all.

Depends on the teacher.  A good/great one can show what's going on then leave it to the student to seek.  Same for math as well as any subject.

On the contrary, a teacher who understands but cannot communicate, leaves students floundering.

I've experienced both and have either suffered or risen accordingly.

I don't always recommend Wikipedia.  They are leftist/twonky for people/politics.  But math facts not bad.  There is still a plethora of info out there beyond them.  Go for it.

Don't confuse Moebius strips with infinity though there are similarities.  Seek and you shall find.

Think.  For oneself.  Regardless the subject.

Don't be intimidated.  Good tutors/teachers are worth their weight in gold.

OTOH I've always found seeking for myself the way to go.  And again that's what the best teachers inspire.

I'm reminded of Planet of the Apes, the novel.  One of the scientists/astronauts reverted to a bestial screeching primitive.  When approached by the protagonist he retreated and hid among the herd.

Learning is commitment.  It is conviction.  It is risk.

Forever...

2 comments:

teacher said...

Thank you.

Mike H said...

Thank YOU etal.