Thursday, October 31, 2019

Boomers

Everytime I happen on a zombie show, I check out the scenario.  This includes guns and how they're used, naturally.  Most Hollywood stuff has slashing bashing gore as well as enough gunfire for a war.  I suppose if zombies happened there would be some nasty encounters.  In a show, a narrative is pushed.

There is always some kind of message.  Sometimes it's leftist and other times it can be Freedom minded even still.  Usually it's bleak in the apocalyptic shows.

If it really happened, zombies would be quickly dispatched.  Perhaps even with some epidemic, there would be lots of people who would know what to do.

Of course, in all the walking corpses stories, nobody has any idea what's happening.  They halt and falter, including not even figuring out that shooting them in the head drops them, well usually.  There are a few where nothing stops them short of nuclear.  Catastrophe is the name of the game.

If I'm interested, I pick through the usual collectivist miasma and check out all the elements of a show, including writing, acting sets, production values etc.  It's just the artist in me -s-.

Now, as far as the usually desperate tone in most shows, well that pushes the narrative.  So be it.  I might even stick around to see how they paint themselves into corners and how they get out.  I happen to do that in my novels.  It stretches my mind lol.

I'm just saying in reality, there are a lot of people who would know what to do.

So, prepare for the unexpected.  Our reality is spookier than fiction.

And Happy Halloween!

Face your fears

No comments: