Saturday, December 28, 2019

2 Stores.

I don't hate chain stores.  It depends on the chain and the people in each store.

I do love independent stores or 'mom and pops'.  There is a somewhat growing market for such.

This time round, I'm just making a simple observation about two stores.

One store is on the north side.  It is grander but follows a similar pattern to other outlets.

The other is southside and follows the design of the original stores.  It's large and just a shade plainer.

Demographics have nothing to do with this.  It's just a feeling.

I don't rely solely on feelings, I need to balance them with facts.  But, impressions pave the way to understanding.

It's simply less frenetic and more laid back down south.

They are both well off areas.  They even have private airports nearby, fwiw.  It's not that.  And I'm glad people can reap the fruits of their labors.  I just like laid back over frenetic.

Make of it what you will.

Also, the southern store is quite like the eastside store that was summarily shut down for 'business reasons' and where we shopped for years.

And, at checkout the other day, they played 'Duel of the Fates' from The Phantom Menace.

No comments: