Friday, March 28, 2008

CTASC

It stands for Counter Terrorism and Security Council. They supposedly 'develop and implement a comprehensive state strategy to address terrorism in Indiana'. The members range from Lt. Governor to the Director of Indiana Homeland Security, Superintedent of the Indiana State Police, the Adjutant General of the 'Military Department of Indiana' (National Guard...), distict courts, departments, commissions, chief justice, a state representative and state senator. Quite a bunch. Very impressive. Stacked deck.

They appear to be predominantly antigun or at least the 'reasonable restriction' group. They are all for 'public safety' in regard to counter terrorism. How convenient. Like all the 'reasonable' security measures undertaken since 911. This is the gang that prefers power to be in their hands and not the hands of the people. It's 'for our own good' blah blah blah.

Mind you, there are people among them who really care about what happens to us. They are visitors not members. They are concerned about safety. They make an effort to help and realize the value of sovereign people taking care of themselves They are being used. Most of the visitors are cut from the same cloth as the council. I am convinced that this is less of a two sided coin. Applications of technology could be used for safety etc. It will be used for tyranny. History bears out that we slide to the side of least resistance.

I visited them for several months. At first, I was accepted sort of, rather like a curiosity. When they learned I was adamant about carry in the Statehouse, most became distant, even sullen. I was made to feel most unwelcome. In spite of supposed 'friends' who were supposed to help me (and didn't), I persevered and observed.

BTW, the CTASC meetings are set up to be most inconvenient for the public to attend. They are at 10:30 on the first Wednesday of the month at the Govenment Center Indianapolis. Reminds me of the public meetings for such things as carry in the Statehouse. Published in the want ads at the back of the paper. Also, the boring nature of much of the proceedings tends to put off many. My advice is to be patient and listen.

I took my son along one time. THAT caused a flurry of curiosity. I introduced him to the Lt. Gov. By that time she avoided me like the plague. Why? I simply was trying to make sure our civil rights were to be upheld. She claims to be pro 2A. Heard her say once that 'they' were making sure our gun rights were protected. Gee, thanks. That um is OUR bailiwick. Anyway, I introduced him mentioning he was planning to be a Marine pilot and aerospace engineer. Couldn't help braggong lol. She replied that I must have brought him to see how 'democracy' worked. Sheesh. I was speechless. My son saved the day with his repartee. All the while, the IDHS Director was behind my son - listening. We laughed later and said he was a bit too close...

That little comment summed it up. Democracy. This is a Constitutional Republic. Our Lt. Gov. is sorely uninformed. No wonder they look with suspicion on anyone 'outside' their cabal interested enough to participate in their meetings. They don't care about us. They care about instituting control.

One more story. My wife came along one time. THAT really got their curiosity up. Buzzzzzz. Who's that etc. The TSA guy was very friendly. His 'I see you brought reinforcements' comment was cute. While this went on, his minions were busy checking her out on their blackberrys. So efficient. I pointed out the obvious re loss of our rights. He just smiled. Killing us with 'kindness'?

It's a matter as with all that is happening, of the people reassuming control of the government. Otherwise, we roll over like good little boys and girls and buy into, what's 'practical or necessary' for the moment.

10 comments:

Mike H said...

An amusing anecdote. The time my son accompanied me there was a loud 'boom'. Our state senator,(described to me as one who never passed up a chance to vote for or institute legislation that obstructs our rights)jumped like he had cr***** his pants. My son and I laughed. We knew it was not an explosion. He sent his bulldog the State Police boss, to check it out. It was a mailbox that fell over.

Paranoid liberals in charge. We all suffer -smile-

Anonymous said...

Bet ya won't get an Christmas cards from these blokes lol!

Anonymous said...

Xmas hell. How about Halloween cards hehehe.

Anonymous said...

My question is do they (IDHS etc.) have something on Daniels that he adamantly refuses to even entertain rescinding no carry in the Statehouse? Or is he just part of the problem? He was anxious to 'consolidate' homeland into one shiny package.

Anonymous said...

HS is in trouble. They are not well managed and are NOT cohesive. Morale is low in some departments. They don't like people to know that.

Anonymous said...

As I said in the main body, there are those who truly believe they are serving their country. Unfortunately they often throw the baby out with the bath ie, security and Freedom. As for Daniels, he's a businessman, bottom line boy.

However, on another level, it's not him, nor Bush nor Clinton nor Obama, etc. It's what is set in motion. It's about control.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's 'Ernst Stavro Blofeld' masterminding (though Ian F had something which I might talk about some other time). It is about control and making us all criminals to some degree.

Anonymous said...

You can imagine what the Founders, Jackson, Crockett, Houston etal would do with these pompous popinjays. They are not real men. Their butts would 'be in the street' to put it mildly.

Anonymous said...

I think they were afraid of me. For my honesty, my forthrightness, my declaring no compromise re our Rights. They are indeed pale in comparison to many.

Anonymous said...

Serving your country will soon mean doing the wrong things for the right reason. It's gonna be sad-and rough.

Anonymous said...

What these bozos did is illegal. And we let them. We get what we deserve.