Friday, August 15, 2008

No Carry In The State House Again

Or ad infinitum. Or beating a dead horse (http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/boomn4x4/Gifs/?action=view¤t=beating-a-dead-horse.gif). Below, a copy of a letter sent to Gov. Mitch Daniels a while back. Then some comments.

Dear Governor Daniels,

Below please find a letter I sent to several sources. In light of Johnny Nugent's letter to you, it is a 'post script' Look us in the eye and explain your evasive behavior re this topic. Thanks MSH

"I don't find it a big issue one way or the other, I really don't," said Governor Mitch Daniels.

On the contrary, it is a HUGE issue.

I was saddened to see a further erosion of our rights enacted. The Statehouse has always been a place where people can enjoy their right to keep and bear arms. By implementing this 'rule', it infringes that God given Right both under the Second Amendment and the Indiana Constituion, specifically in Section 32.

At a meeting I attended with Captain Sherry Beck, ISP, Brian Renner, Dept. of Administration and Michelle Milliken, IDHS, they admitted there was no study done. There are no probabilities or 'odds' about terrorist attacks on the State Capitol. This was an arbitrary decision quietly pushed through CTASC, without adequate input from anyone else.

I pointed out that basic 'grassroots' counter terrorism is the armed citizen. To disarm us is imprudent and dangerous. As Senator Johnny Nugent points out, it makes us permit carriers 'second class citizens' compared to the legislators and judges. Disarming us makes us less safe not only at the Capitol (think Virginia Tech), but on the street til we can rearm. I'd hate for the State to be liable for any harm that could come to us.

Many of us in Government and the rest of the Citizenry are working hard to have this mistake rescinded. We must follow the example of other states that have started to revamp victim disarmament zones and are enabling all of those who choose to defend themselves if need be.

Governor Daniels is a pro gun rights man. We call upon him to further show this by reestablishing our right to carry in the Statehouse.

Me now again:

I never got an answer to this missive. Is Mitch really a pro gun rights guy? Sure, we have a lifetime permit now. Permits can be withdrawn. Let me be clear: A permit system is nothing more than begging the government's permission to practice a right. I realize I'm working in a box here. But even with this system, we are robbed further by disarming us in 'our house'. Let me be quite clear: We should not have permits. It is our RIGHT to carry. Period.

I'm working in the parameters petitioning the 'king' as it were. As the Founders did, I'm covering my a$$. Soap, ballot, jury and cartridge box. I believe in them ALL. We must try ALL if time and tide take us there.

Would Mitch agree? Would he, as head of the Indiana executive branch, understand that when all else is exhausted, we have the right to 'alter or abolish this form of government', by all means necessary? That still includes all four boxes. In a Constitutional Republic, those means are never excluded.

I think 'our man Mitch' has forgotten how government is supposed to function. Cherry picking rights does not work. In these united States, it's all or nothing. It has devolved into little by little.

Oh yes. He signed into law the 'right' (to him etal permission) to travel on DNR land armed. He signed into law a 'castle doctrine' law saying we have the right to stand our ground and use deadly force if needed to defend ourselves and our homes.

I think the Founders knew that without a governor or president etc telling them. It resulted ultimately in a War for Independence.

Will we eventually have another one? Only time and circumstance will tell.

I urge ALL to do everthing possible to reinstate Freedom in our Republic. To truly make it a Republic in function and not just name.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare you question these fine people. They must know more and be better than you and maybe me!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're kidding. If not, one day you will find out how wrong you are.

Anonymous said...

Mitch is that you as anon? Hey we went to school together. I remember you. And I know you remember me -s-.

Anonymous said...

The link to the gif ain't aworkin.

Anonymous said...

I noticed. It can be found by typing beating a dead horse gif in a search engine. One's a guy whacking a dead horse (captain obvious me). the other is a tiny happy face punching a legolike horsey.

Anonymous said...

Good words.