Thursday, January 15, 2009

Paddy Fitz

Patrick McGoohan will be missed. For me his friendship and advice will never be forgotten. We were not close, yet his insight gave me the encouragement I needed to continue in the tenuous world of 'show business'.

He did not suffer fools but he cared about people and cut to the quick when it came to his belief that the world was indeed becoming the 'village'.

I had planned to do a post, probably more, to examine his seminal work, 'The Prisoner' and I will. Suffice it to say the man nailed what is happening to the whole earth and what some want re control. How some accept the control and how some-resist.

Underneath the 'curmudgeon', beat the heart of a man who cared about family, friends and Freedom.

He cared about detail and sought perfection in his storytelling. He could intimidate but I didn't let it get me. I was interested in what he had to say, but I was not a sycophant. In fact, I dared to challenge him and even disagree at times. I think that may be one reason he trusted me with his private number and expected me to honor his privacy, including not personally 'bugging' him. I accepted what he taught me and hope I'm taking it into my work.

David Codrea last weekend mentioned him and The Prisoner as an inspiration for all who fight for Freedom. A man imprisoned at a resortlike place, that under the surface was quite an evil spider web, he sought to escape and resist. Though often thwarted he never gave up. His ingenuity was nonpareil. Number 6's commitment to his own integrity and individuality was unconquerable.

Paddy Fitz was a pseudonym he used that transposed his Mom's maiden name, Fitzpatrick (He was aware of my BurlyRose origin).

He was a loving and beloved husband and father, grandfather and greatgrandfather. He was a steadfast friend. I'm grateful he suffered THIS fool. I believe it's because I didn't waste time fawning . I was respectful and when I disagreed, he seemed to not spurn me -s-. Apparently, I made some sort of sense to him? His talent intelligence and grace were appreciated.

Don't ask me more. Even if I knew more, I'd be as stubborn as Number 6 and refuse to answer!

Thoughts and prayers to his family friends and fans. May he be known for more than just one thing. But may that one thing inspire and aid us in this fight to restore our Republic!

A more complete man I may never know. The light in Heaven is a little brighter.

6 comments:

Mike H said...

Interestingly we never talked of the Prisoner nor Danger Man/Secret Agent. Our talk revolved around what it took to 'make it' and his blessing of 'Irish Luck' -s-.

I will on March 19 Pat's Birthday, have some good Irish whiskey and a good cigar.

Anonymous said...

Rest in peace sir.

Mike H said...

I doubt he will. I think Mr. McGoohan will be very busy in spirit fighting as we fight here.

Anonymous said...

Death be not proud indeed.

Anonymous said...

The Committee is duly notified. Look to seeing you soon.

Anonymous said...

B.C.N.U.