Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thought And Deed

Plan ahe
a
d

I always liked that one. Ah, posters from the 60's/70's.

I can tell you that measurement is important. I always hated chalking a line too short or too long. Each has its own consequence.

That's why Schluepy and other guys I knew rarely made that mistake. Construction
demands accuracy. Get plumb or get out.

IF a mistake was made, there were and are ways to rectify it without scrapping a project.

That's because the original plan was sound. It's just that something drifted off.

Plus the skill and acumen to get square, and to recover.

Reminds me of the 'watch your six' admonition.

Proper Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

It also refs position and attitude.

I think things through when I write. I make notes and often change words and thoughts. It's like a sketch before painting.

Of course, when one is well versed, experienced in one's trade, actions become somewhat instinctual.

It's true for handling weaponry too.

The secret is simply to practice as constantly as possible. Hopefully one might have a good teacher or teachers.

With time, one's deeds can be almost instantaneous with thoughts springing instantly to mind.

So, 'thimk' (another old poster) before you swim!

1 comment:

Turd Ferguson said...

How about the poster with the guy holding a pile of poop in his hands, grimacing.

Underneath, it said, 'Tired Of The Same Old Sh**?'

Kinda reverberates now, huh?