Monday, January 29, 2018

SWST

Maybe I put too much into titles.  Sometimes I try to be witty.  Whatever.  Like Star Trek Wars lol.  Anyway, both these franchises are on my mind.

Those in charge are letting the world down with how Star Wars has developed.  As a writer, I can see exciting stories complete with angst, pathos and action, that could have been produced.  Well, they haven't been.  Of course, I'm not being paid to create any of it, so I'll keep my ideas to myself.  But it could be better is an understatement.

Ineffectual males who previously were dynamic and anemic feminist women in charge makes for bland cultural Marxist pablum. 

And history should be destroyed?  Excuse me?  It is from history we learn, not living in the past, but delving there.

No diatribes in re Jedi/Sith balance unbalance etc.  Fashion your own and/or go to forums and chitchat.

I'm not talking acting nor production values.  They are top notch given the circumstances. 

Now when it comes to icons, we all have our opinions.  But I stand with the slow drip/creep of what I said before.

I watched the STTOS movies over the weekend.  They still stand up.  I love them and no comparison with the last 3 movies or Discovery.

Originally we had hope.  There were all the dynamics including teaching social lessons.  But those lessons are time tested, much beyond politics.  And there's the difference.  Morals.

Yes there was action, but plenty of substance.  Now a veneer of substance and lots of unending booms dangle like we're babes watching shiny things.

Personally I think ST Renegades was superior.  It was fan based and featured established actors, staff and tech. 

Set later the Federation is crumbling.  It's become too authoritarian/lapsed.  A team of misfits forms and the long term was to reestablish liberty through those thought too outre.  Sounds like the Founders.  Maybe that's too much or not.  But it beats the pc pap available now.

Again acting and production values are fine.  It's the message.

Discovery.  Klingons are not Trump's administration.  Sure there are some outre things done.  But it's from what I say is stodgy liberal delusion.

Give me the hope mixed with battles real, internal, external.  Give me caring about the future in Liberty.  Give me friendship tried and true.  And give me thinking outside the box not just monkey wrenching.

President Trump spoke of unlocking the secrets of the universe.

Let's get busy and reach for the stars.

No comments: