Wednesday, January 31, 2018

RetCom

Must publish my post without delay -s-.

Not retcon, which amounts to revising a storyline to include new concepts.  Age and relationships are frequently altered.  Kids suddenly grow older and siblings sprout where there were none for example.

I've spoken of these things before and they bear frequent repeating.

Reticence.  What if I fail?  What if I succeed?  Get a big charge out of making things happen?  Then bask in the glow and do nothing?  Whatever keeps you from seeing things through, reticence is a death watch beetle. 

This is how it should have been:  Heart in the City, directed by Robert Wise and Produced by Patrick McGoohan.  A BurlyRose Production.  I hemmed and hawed.  The guys didn't pressure me.  Then it was too late.

It's not too late.  Heart in the City will be done, albeit revised mostly with cast and crew.  It MUST be done.  There are no excuses.

Even this post could be an excuse.

So I remember what someone told me about indecision.  I couldn't make up my mind.  She said, 'Just do it Michael.'  That's it.

All the training, contacts, advantages are nothing but futile wisps of stolen glory without action.

I've been writing and maintaining my craft.  There is the difference with the other point, complacency.

Those points above the self congratulatory pats on the back that lead to a rationalization.

Well hey I know him/her, did this that.  It's not enough.  And if you have a conscience, you will at least be haunted if not goaded to act.

Whatever your goals, follow through.  Much in the eyes of the world?  Well, start with yourself and let the world come around.

Take a chance.  Prepare and go for it.

As for me, watch this blog. 

I'll show my life and in relation to Restoring the Republic. 

I can't separate them.

Be restless and go for it.

2 comments:

teacher said...

He who hesitates is lost.

ghost of kava said...

This blog is proof you haven't wasted time.