Thursday, May 28, 2009

Smile For The Camera

It's what a drug dealer said I should do one night. This guy was yet again one of the myriad druggers we have had to deal with in the 'hood' or Near East side of Indy.

I talked about a near takedown of a pedo/drug dealer in If It Saves One http://whatmcauliffesaid.blogspot.com/2009/02/if-it-saves-one.html.

This incident involved firearms as well.

This time, we had been harrassed by a family that lived just north of the alley near us. It began when we cautioned their kids to stay out of our yard. These kids literally had boundary problems. It's part of that lack of discipline/responsibility so familiar these days along with unrestrained violence aka not caring who gets hurt.

These guys were burglars, thieves and crack dealers. The op was fairly widespread. They even had a contact at the East District, IMPD. Only One druggers, yep.

We noticed them unloading a 'shipment'. I began taping the for faces plates etc. They saw me and tried to flank us. We watched and I had my 45 ready.

The 'daddy' actually asked me why I was doing this. Well, um so we didn't have dealers in our hood. They bring the commensurate violence that rots whole blocks as well as the poison of drugs (Legalize it and let em buy it openly. Then those who want to die can legally.). As he walked away, he said for me to 'smile for the camera'.

We soon found out what that meant (Figured it anyway.). Here came the cops to the door. The interesting thing is I never talked to them. My wife brilliantly countered the accusations. Quite a sight to behold.

The druggers tried the old 'he has a gun and brandished it' bs. My wife reiterated what had gone down complete with a brief history of encounters including arrests at our 'neighbors'.

The older cop was very insistent. His attitude was belligerent. Guess he was hoping to bag an inner city hayseed and impress the young blond girlcop with him.

My wife was just as intense, declairing that I never 'flourished' (cop's word for brandishing?) any gun. As he accused me of 'taking the law into my own hands' (Isn't it?), she resolutely told him that I was willing to defend myself.

Then the defining moment of the evening. She asked this only one why he carried a gun on his hip. He stopped, perplexed. To protect himself my wife offered. 'It's the same reason my husband wears one on HIS hip.' Wow. And he wears it with commensurate training 'just like you too' (Knowing he probably just had a modicum of training aka 50 round qual every year whereas I had extensive combat pistol training-several decades worth.).

This guy acted like he was poleaxed. After a short pause he left. No more trouble. No smiling for the camera. The druggers soon left for good.

2 comments:

ICLU said...

Ever occur to you those tapings are just as police state as cops doing it?

Mike H said...

Ever occur to you we refuse to have drug dealing scum near us with all the pain involved? It's called covering our butts. And it worked, in spite of the contacts these sh***** had.