Thursday, May 7, 2009

SOSO

Same old same old. So goes the blather of certain pragmatic folks at a list I have frequented.

Now, I know it's like p****** in the wind carrying on any dialog with these characters. David Codrea advised its a waste of time. My son called this latest event 'a c*** stroking contest' I think he inherited his Grandpa's earthiness and poetry of meaning. My wife just laughed (I joined in. We needed one -s-.).

This list I have reffed has devolved. There used to be a lot of exchange of ideas. Round about 700 members most of the last 8 years, there used to be a lot of spirited discussion. Sometimes heated. Occasionally there have been some nasty outbreaks, including ad hominems (or nyahnyahnyah-that's remained lol). There has even been talk that is now defined as 'three percenter'. Not anymore. It's as though most have either left or clammed up for fear that the feds are watching (I'm sure there are a couple. There are btw, several cops and one fed agent I know of who are 2A supporters, so they say. I've no reason to doubt it. Even their talk has toned down.).

This place has become like a small town, inbred and isolated. A dozen or so contribute regularly backed up by several with posts that are informative re guns, shooting and topics that are quite eclectic. But NO threeper stuff. Thats considered tinhatville. In fact any thoughts that fall outside the box of certain 'anointed ones' as it were, don't last. Some new people are needled til they up and go. It's become a mutual admiration society (kindest thing I can say). It's their way or the highway'. No more free exchange of ideas, lessin it's their ideas.

I weathered the storm, thinking there was a reason to be there. Like a boy from town who moves away and comes back, I've been smothered with adversity. I've been labeled antimasonic (My family has a lengthy heritage and ties to Masonry.), which I'm not. I had been crowned with a tinfoil hat when I offered a discussion of 911 and especially, its results (Whatever the source, the results have secured more tyranny etc.). Marriage should be weathered, no divorce. This from one of the annointed who had a miserable time and schismed anyway. On and on. Lest you think this 'joint' was my only destination on the web, taint so McGee. In fact I've curtailed a lot of web activity in order to devote time to 'threeping' (sounds like freeping lol) and writing my scripts (the glamor of showbiz) and most important, time with my kids.

And ohoh don't talk except in pragspeak re our rights. No Restoration necessary etc so says one of the chief praggers. We are still a republic says he (and that's no capitalization nor Constitutional in front). I could forgive no capital letters, but this particular guy wants to see Gingrich as President.

The fellow has a hard time understanding that 'restoration' stuff. By whose definition he asks? He prides himself a student of history. It should be obvious with the steady erosion of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. He just cannot see it. Or doesn't want to.

He claims I'm trying to influence him, implying methinks that I think like a prag ie my way or the highway. If I had a dollar every time I rolled my eyes, I could finance a low budget film.

He doesn't accept reason and rational debate, except the circular kind.

Posturing, bluster and bombast are claims he makes against me. Sounds like classic transference.

Says he that we must change gov from within, not with force of arms. Says I and all else fails, who is invading from without? We defend within. And oh, what are guns for re 2A?

Which leads me to one of their 'indictments'. I seem to be running amok in the streets inciting people to shoot gov employees, waving my guns around they imply.

Au contraire monsoor. I preach preparation to defend ourselves. To prepare for the worst and hope for the best. That we must reconstruct as they deconstruct.

I do not ignore history. We have deteriorated. That there could be great destruction to come. But that we MUST not let ourselves nor the Founders down.

That leads to one more 'comment' though I could go on seemingly ad infinitum. Behavior attitude and belief cannot be returned to what it was in 1776. WTF? Technology changes, but people do not. Yes, there alot more people. There has been much dumbing down. But there are many who still know what a Constitutional Republic is. I'd rather argue with an anarchist. I respect sharp minds and logic who don't name call.

Which leads me to one last thing (Sigh of relief?). In schoolyard fashion, I've been called a 'keyboard commando' (That was the laugh my wife and I sorely needed). Jeez. Guess I'll go to my room, strewn with John Wayne posters and listen to Ballad of the Green Berets while I cry myself to sleep. I have a bio of the Duke btw and a remembrance by his daughter Aissa. Have the Green Berets in my movie collection. The Alamo etc. I do NOT base anything I do or believe on movies. I have made myself clear in many previous posts, especially early ones. Movies can capture the spirit of an event and inspire. Then learn more.

I sure as hell don't base any training there either. I base training on working hard to add more 'tools to the toolbox', as it were. Hands on not wished for.

I have never worn a uniform. But I know plenty who have. And by all that is holy I know there are plenty who have taken that Oath who are threepers and some of them have trained me, say from the age of six til now. I never say anything unless I'm sure what I am talking about. One of my favorite Americans, David Crockett said, 'Be sure you're right, then go ahead'. I live by that. And base my beliefs on a lifetime of experience as well as faith.

It would be like basing agent training on Pat McGoohan's Secret Agent/Dangerman. Good show though re some situtations. I'll share more on that later.

David C and my son were right. It's a waste of time to argue with these mokes. I hope you all have indulged my swan song to these peeps. I needed to vent!

Like not going home again, I've packed and the rest of my stuff is now ensconced in Threepertown.

14 comments:

teacher said...

Seems you are fed up. -s-

Mike H said...

I'm done with circular reasoning. If these characters want to see what's wrong with the Republic, let em look in a mirror.

There is too much work to do for me to indeed waste any more time. One of my personal mottos is not to spend time but to USE it. So mote it be.

Mike H said...

Another thought.

I remember the tale of the kid who was banging his head on the wall. When asked why he said, 'It feels so good when I stop'.

Frank S said...

Sounds like a case of 'my minds made up, don't confuse me with the facts'.

sparky said...

Status quo brought to you by Numb Nuts Inc.

ledbetter said...

No wonder we are so far gone. these 'people' seem to do everything to obstruct. They chase their own tails.

Mike H said...

Funny how some of these guys used to agree with me. Somewhere between moving from one place to another, they regressed. Hm

ledbetter said...

Somebody got to em.

Mike H said...

Maybe ledbetter. But why? What is the motivation?

Pullo said...

Illegitimi Tatum Carborundum Non

Mike H said...

Yes Titus, -s-.

Dutchman6 said...

Advertisement for the Internet:

"Now you too can be misunderstood and insulted by idiots who haven't a clue!"

The only antidote is to apply Wright's Razor, a derivation of Occam's:

"There are some things in life so true, so patently obvious, that if you have to explain them to somebody, the stupid sonofabitch will never get it anyway." -- Robert "Bob" Wright, 1 BDE New Mexico Militia, Eunice, NM.

Mike Vanderboegh
III

BTW, what's the link?

Mike H said...

http://mail.acrossthelines.org/mailman/listinfo/glocklist_acrossthelines.org

If you want to bore yourself lol. There is some goodstuff re ammo and equipment prices/quality (My nice word for the day).

Blind Melon Lemon said...

With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.-- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg