Sunday, November 30, 2014

Look Behind You

There is a price to pay for celebrity.  Nope I'm not gonna get into the psychology of what motivates people to want such attention.  I do know it's a game of manipulation.  You have a product that others want.  Some can use you to get their point across and reward you for services rendered.

Sounds brutal, even paranoid .  Just business?  Yes and no.

There is a business side to show business.  No business no show as a friend said. 

My background helps me with that important part of my work.  And my senses help me figure out with whom to associate.

A lot of flash goes on.  As I said before, many people are not stupid, but they are easily distracted.

I see whatever I do should be to help people think for themselves.  I offer my talent and hope they enjoy it.

The price of fame is something each person should decide for themselves.  However, with all the perks, preferential treatment (why I'm not sure), and eyes upon them, it can lead to unwanted attention.

Stalking can happen to anyone.  There are disparate souls who prey upon others.  They have no real life of their own so they attach to others.  I'm not talking about normal fandom, where folks admire talent, even are willing to follow someone.  I'm speaking of predators, selfdelusional beings who attach like barnacles and live off the efforts of others.

Recently certain celebrities have had stalkers, as have many throughout time.  It is unfortunately that downside I spoke of.  Someone say deludes he/she 'loves' another.  They use irrational methods to declare and follow that love.

Fortunate people expose it.  The normal legal recourse is to get a restraining order.  It's only good as the paper it is written on.

Many here would agree with me that no matter the wealth and influence, each person is responsible for their own security/defense.

And among some of these privileged pompous, they think it's alright to have defense/guns etc.  But we the socalled unwashed crowd, don't deserve them.  Idiocy.

As I said anyone can be stalked.  I have been myself.

It's unpleasant and creepy.  And everyone DESERVES protection.  Most can only literally protect themselves.

I've seen security for celebs that rivals heads of state. Yet, even these must learn to rely on themselves.  For if they don't they may be in the most danger.

Hopefully we have associations and networks, but they are only as good as each member, every weave in the armor.

Look behind you.  Not in fear, but in assurance you can help yourself.   

8 comments:

Jedburgh said...

Maybe sometimes stalkers are used to keep people in line.

dah shadoh said...

It's not paranoia if they are really after you.

teacher said...

Fame can be used for weal or woe.

Mike H said...

And there are lotsa good folks who are proliberty. Some I know and know of have potential -s-.

teacher said...

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Mike H said...

"For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting."
- Gen. George C. Patton

Hi and Lois said...

Selleck vs Clooney. No contest.

ghosty said...

Look behind you. You may see yourself.