Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Blue Eyes

Someone's come up with a supposedly 'accurate' depiction of Jesus.  There are so many.

I don't usually pay attention to such things.  I speculate about certain events, but try to accumulate facts as best I can.  Sure I collect 'conspiracy theories', but even there I check for wiggle room.  There are people, btw, who are paid to muddy the water.

I've had it explained to me that the 'earthly' portion of Jesus was Semitic.  Someone else said Syriac.  He was described as brown eyed and dark. Maybe.

Another description says he is tall with long auburn hair and beard.

Others have described Jesus with grey or pale eyes.

I've seen renditions of Jesus as Chinese, Thai, black African among others.  And lest we forget all te Medieval portraits of a pale Savior and thin to boot.  Seeing Jesus as one personally looks could help get the story across. 

I remember the Ray Bradbury story The Fire Balloons where missionaries to Mars discover Martians having shed bodies, appearing as blue flames and having that symbol on their church altar.  Ok, this last one stretches the point, but it's still valid.  People often see God as themselves.

Go investigate this stuff yourself.  There is a lot of info out there.  I don't have a lot of time for it among other pressing issues.

I'd say the Guy was built well.  Otherwise, he couldn't have trekked round on foot.  Carpentry especially then would have precluded one to be fit with cutting shaping and lifting.

Personally, I don't care if Jesus looked like Jeffrey Hunter or Anwar Sadat.

This is the ultimate content of character story ever.  Remember, I hold that content as most important and paramount.  And certainly Jesus' message was the quintessential content.

People are curious.  Sure we wonder what Jesus looked like.  It's even been posited he was quite ugly. 

In spite of looks, Jesus' message lives. 

So don't roll your eyes at the blue eyes

No comments: