Monday, September 30, 2019

Forgetting Voices

Cast upon the wind.  What's left?

I remember family and friends.  How could I forget my Dad and GreatGrandmother among so many others?  Such forces for Light are simply unforgettable.

On the opposite end, I remember those who had a deleterious even downright hostile attitude toward me.

As for voices, they do fade.  As for the title expression, it can be like some black hole, which can blot out one thing then another.

I replay people's voices.  I remember tone and cadence etc.  Again such dynamic people simply inspire it.

I got a little reel to reel recorder one Christmas.  I remember piquantly recording Dad saying, ''Merry Christmas everyone''.  Wish I still had it.  But I remember him saying it.  Major memory.

I can still hear Grandma (GreatGrandma Hiland say, ''Mike it's who you are not what you are''.

Of course there are the negatives.  I will not give them names here.  Suffice it to say they had profound impressions on me.  Keep in mind, they do not sour me.  I do not live in hatred.  I remember what NOT to be.

Among other things, I'm a voice actor.  I love to imitate noted people, friends and family.

So what's left?  Those impressions.  I am who I am and my personal history replays.

As for me, what's left would be the kids carrying on.

All our yesterdays coalesce.

2 comments:

teacher said...

Literalist.

Mike H said...

Beginnings.