Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Guilty

As charged. If you are Christian, you belive that all sin and fall short. Of course this is understood by many to some degree.

We all make 'mistakes'. I've zigged when I should have zagged for sure. The degree is varied. What is important to one may not be as intense for another. I'm not actually talking of God's law as much as man's. Right and wrong take on a whole different meaning often.

So many statutes. So many interps. So little time. We are legislating ourselves out of existance. If we are all lawbreakers, we are all criminals to some degree. And if we are all criminals, we become in thrall to the state. This is NOT a Constitutional Republic. Minimal law, based on the Constitution and Bill of Rights has been lost in a maze of gobbledygook. Lawyers are overemployed.

I hope when the Constitutional Republic is reinstated, bills are left to two pages in plain English. No additions will be added. And, most importantly, there must a house cleaning and we are again left to fend for ourselves. Easy words. Not so easy to accomplish. But then, nothing worthwhile is easy, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The more corrupt the state,
the more numerous the laws."
-- Cornelius Tacitus
(55-117 A.D.)


"There's no way to rule innocent men.
The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.
One declares so many things to be a crime
that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
-- Ayn Rand
(1905-1982) Author

"I was put into jail as I was going to the shoemaker's to get a shoe which was mended. When I was let out the next morning, I proceeded to finish my errand, and, having put on my mended shoe, joined a huckleberry party, who were impatient to put themselves under my conduct; and in half an hour -- for the horse was soon tackled -- was in the midst of a huckleberry field, on one of our highest hills, two miles off, and then the State was nowhere to be seen."
-- Henry David Thoreau
(1817-1862)

Anonymous said...

Are you a minarchist?

Mike H said...

Call me anything but late to dinner.