Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reality

I am not a fan of 'reality tv'.

Then again reality seems to have a rather ephemeral connotation regarding these shows.

The airwaves are inundated with losing weight, wife swapping, dating, cooking, eating, how a gets along with b in some idiotic preconceived 'house' or how someone allies with others to suborn.

I'm a student of history, so I see plenty of what brought us to where we are. That's reality.

I'm interested in what makes us tick. How we solve our personal and interpersonal problems. That's reality.

I want people, including myself to learn to help others as well as teaching them to help themselves. And not helping themselves to public trust etc. I want folks to become selfsufficient. That's reality.

Showing people awareness of what is happening re our Republic's deterioration and how to restore it. That's reality.

As for tv, I prefer watching some fictional dramas and a few comedies to see what the message in the ravioli is, whether it's pro state or pro Freedom.

I also watch what our enemies are doing, both in front of us and mostly behind our backs.

My instinct and enlightenment about our current situation serves me in this way.

Instead of obfuscating reality with poorly programmed methods of dealing with problems, or dead ends that are intellectual junk food, we can and will seek true solutions to what ails us and what will truly nourish.

Whether it's weight or poor government or anything else, we must be discerning and choose that which is healthy and refreshing/restorative for ourselves and ultimately our country.

Reality is rough. It bites.

It's how we respond and what we do that will determine our future reality.

Truth hurts. Then it begins to heal.

2 comments:

teacher said...

Fiction as a mirror that reflects reality eh?

Mike H said...

One of the chief reasons I'm into acting and writing.