Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolute

I feel crappy today.

Not a hangover.

Not a residual or even a continued buzz.

I have a case of the awful awful, bonkus on the conkus.

Yet here I sit typing Happy New Year to all Freedom lovers.

Not for long, as I will retreat to my bed for a while.

I wanted to talk briefly about resolutions. Being resolute.

It's that time when many make resolutions such as losing weight, quitting smoking and dozens of others.

People feel top heavy perhaps literally. They want to start over.

Few make it. Most ditch the resolution in days or weeks. I believe that is because they try to take on too much at a time. They should attempt a gradual resolve.

As for me, I decide all year about what I want to do to improve my life and to make life better all around.

My success rate has improved in the last several years.

I enjoy a good cigar and a good glass of whiskey. I made the decision that was the way to go rather than hide from my problems in a bottle or habitually puff away.

I exercise. I try to eat sensibly and therefore can enjoy sweets now and then.

In other words, I don't deny myself, but I don't drown myself.

My greatest resolution though, is constant and gradual as well.

It is to Restore the Republic. A tall order, but I know I'm not alone.

I have found the way to make a resolution work is to DO it.

I can find plenty of reasons NOT to do something.

I will not falter and my resolve is to see this Freedom thing through.

May it be so for all of you.

4 comments:

kava said...

Happy New Year!
May all your hopes be realized and all your dreams come true!

El Producto said...

Ah, the cigar and whiskey diet?

Mike H said...

Not now. A case of the awful awful.

TY kava.

Mike H said...

And same to you and all.

Sorry. I'm not firing on all thrusters.