Saturday, February 20, 2010

Money

For want of a better word, it can cover a lot of problems.

I grew up on the North side of Indianapolis.

That's where the 'rich' people originally came from here.

I've seen a lot of shall we say, problems, covered up simply because those involved had the means to buy their way out.

They became shallow and take much for granted.

Some have lost the content of their characters.

Being rich isn't a sin. It's what you do with it.

We grew up to value money and what you can do with it.

Dad made sure we knew where it came from.

And we were far from rich.

Mind you, we were comfortable, but every cent was hard earned by my Dad.

I eventually found out how by working with him, as did my brother.

I remember him coming in my room and offering a choice to either go to school that day or to come with him and make some money. I jumped at it.

He valued education and would never have robbed me of mine.

But, what an inducement to take the day off from my studies!

And most importantly to be with my Dad.

I'll describe that event another time. I'll never forget it. I worked my butt off.

Suffice it to say that I learned something elemental about making money.

Money is energy and vice versa.

We can create circumstances that engender money. It may take the form of invention, service or anything else of quality.

Though the gov makes it harder to be enterprising, there are methods to make one's way.

I'm not suggesting anything particular. I'd rather leave that to whomever reads this.

Make an account of what you can do, what you can offer. See who you might know. Don't be shy and promote yourself. You might be able to take things out in trade, one service for another (No comment from the peanut gallery lol).

The road might be long and bumpy, but I'm a grad of the school of hard knocks. And I am sure there are several post grad degrees to come.

I bleed, sweat and my life is my own.

Oh, and learn.

There may be new things you have wanted to do but haven't for whatever reason.

The times ahead are going to be rough methinks.

The more you know, the better off etc.

'Money' is merely a tool.

Become a skilled craftsperson and wield that tool well.

2 comments:

Friend of Forry said...

Remember the sub notice in Famous Monsters?

'Money is the root of all evil, but I'm a new rooter.'

teacher said...

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil, a Bible verse often misquoted.

That worship of the material instead of, as you say, serving us is the source of much grief.