Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pitch Ins

I remember great pitch in meals at churches I either attended or served.

It was the homecooking that still makes my mouth water.

And as a single student minister, the ladies would almost innundate me with food (and daughters, granddaughters and friends). Most didn't know I was quite self sufficient. Their intentions were good and I appreciate them to this day.

It was always in the church kitchen/meeting hall. Often, I would arrive early to help out any way I could.

There were always good natured folks who helped.

Yet, it was often the same people who did chores.

It wasn't like a bunch of self centered spoiled brats who expected others to serve them.

But, sometimes certain things were taken for granted.

I can remember several times that I would volunteer or be asked to set up tables and chairs.

What struck me most was that it was almost always the same bunch who did things.

It seems that way in most situations and certainly in the Freedom movement aka 3pers etc.

I urge you all to get involved.

Call the crooks on the carpet.

Call a spade a spade.

Get others awake/excited about Restoring the Republic.

I remember getting others to set up tables, chairs and even set the tables -s-.

It may be like sticking your toe in the water.

Cold at first, you get used to it and plunge in.

Find your own way into this beyond yourself!

2 comments:

teacher said...

Let's cook up a formula for Freedom -s-.

Mike H said...

Hey teach!

It's already been cooked up over 200 years ago.

All we have to do is bring it back.
Simple, Huh?