Saturday, December 28, 2013

Holy Innocents.

Today is the day set aside to remember the Biblical account of King Herod murdering male children in the vicinity of Bethlehem after the birth of Jesus.

According to the story, his troops slaughtered all male children age two and under.  Herod was afraid of a King usurping his throne.  How absurd on one hand and how very tragic on the other.

I'm not recounting it here.  But I will say there are those who are still jealous of power and will do anything to maintain and extend it. 

Oh oh.  Better be careful.  I'm told the current occupier of the Oval Office, among other collectivists, dislikes criticism.  I'm actually leaving that for another time.  I'm not chickening out.  The more sane exposure of the insane usurpation of power the collectivists are proudly preening and bragging about.

Once power is acquired, many measures could be employed to keep the king on the throne.  Or the dupe as the hand puppet if you like.

But if anything is more egregious than the current state of affairs, it is the thought that comes to mind about innocents who are sacrificed.

I have long fought those who exploit kids.  Once on this Day, I preached about it in my student days.  You could have heard a pin drop.

It disturbed and brought people round to thinking.  I hope still that is one step from doing something about it.

Child rape is an ongoing battle.  It is an ultimate evil.  Learn what the rapists do, though it may revolt you.  Shed light on it.  And help to get them prosecuted.

Then take care of the children.  Help them to heal.  Easy words for a seemingly insurmountable wound.

As for the rape of Freedom, well that's going to be a topic soon.

No comments: