Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Frost

The best way out is always through.
-- Robert Frost

Frost always gave me food for thought. And the above sums up where I've been going with my life lately.

There is a lot going on, as I'm sure with most of us, let alone the country.

The direct approach is the best for me.

I remember studying and reciting Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening. I still know it. It's one of those things you recite for your kids, expecially having home schooled them for so long. It comes from the days when we actually learned things in school. We actually thought and for ourselves.

We had 'morning talks'. Each person got 3 to 5 minutes to speak about something of interest. It could be anything. I remember talking about guns more than once. Try that now. I also remember how long 3 to 5 minutes can be -s-.

I'm putting together a 'one man show' featuring poems by a variety of people. I'm calling it 'A Short Evening With Some Friends'. I'll perform it in Indianapolis and Los Angeles.

I hope to share with others some of the inspiration and comfort and strength the words have given me.

I may eventually record it. If I do, I'll get it on Youtube later on.

I'm thankful for Mr. Frost and many others. They epitomize what we are about. I am who I am in part for my fine education.

If we are to be Free, we must be literate. We must think and use words and terms and know their meanings.

Pardon the Captain Obvious statements.

It's what I'm feeling right now and it's important to say what's on my mind.

2 comments:

kava said...

That I would buy.

Mike H said...

I'd give you a copy if it got to that stage.