Monday, January 31, 2011

Paying The Bills

I'm getting to the point where my efforts will start paying the bills.

I've had some success financially before, but now it's gradually going up. Mind you I'm not on easy street by a long shot.

I remember talking to Robert Wise once. Yes he was a mentor about Hollywood. No we never talked politics. He supported the GCA 68 for instance. So don't tell me about collaborating with the enemy etc. I know where I stand.

I told him one of my tickets to Hollywood was doing commercials, specifically voice overs.

He said 'whatever pays the bills'. Not everyone wins an Oscar nor makes a movie period. There are a lot of very talented folks who are never heard of. Sure we've got people who have the talent af a gnat making money hand over fist. Hey that's the way it goes.

I refuse to go down to the level of covetousness and sure as hell don't want anything of someone else's. That includes not harboring some rage of injustice that while some who aren't as talented as others profit, others languish. There are a lot of reasons for that.

I guess talent like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My views of such things are matter of fact.

Remember Passion Persistance and Practice. Follow your dreams. Find a way.

I'm working on networking and getting myself noticed. I've had the counsel of good people and we will see where it goes.

Then again we have a socalled man who is eminently unqualified to lead sitting in the Oval Office. That goes too far.

I don't like paying somebody else's bills and Soetero is doing his best to wring us dry.

Defend your finances. It's as important as your gun rights. All rights are.

Bob actually was referring to making a living. Not at all was he suggesting I be happy with that. It's merely a start.

And I'm not done til I reach the level of success that I want.

How could it be any less for the Republic?

11 comments:

Aqualung said...

Can I have a loan? j/k

Mike H said...

No. Not kidding lol. I aint that solvent yet. Then when I am, I'll help on my own terms -s-.

wisewords said...

Watch who you goin ta bed with.

Mike H said...

Well bub, I watch all the time. And I associate with whom I please. Some supposed pro liberty people I shy from. Some apparent antiguns I have met and worked with.
I learn from everybody. If there is guilt from association, then we all, most of us at least, are in trouble.
Here are some wise words for you:
Don't lie and don't back down.
It's cost me a lot. It's worth the risk.

Mike H said...

And oh yes one should watch with whom one goes to bed. If you have your health, you have everything -s-.

Mike H said...

Before you ask, I don't kiss and tell. I don't name names.......

kava said...

Why I trust you........

teacher said...

Careful. Tongues will wag.

Mike H said...

They always do in Hollywood and small towns and everywhere else.

Mike H said...

And yes kava, I trust you too. See you etal soon. Contact me. You know how.

Bouncing Betty said...

Does this make my butt look big?