Wednesday, June 23, 2010

20 Years

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream."
-- Mark Twain
[Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (1835-1910)

It's a good chunk of life.

The last 20 years have, as with most I think, been mixed with joy and sorrow, rising and falling.

I've achieved some things that I consider remarkable.

I am proudest of my children, Will and Erica.

There is nothing to compare to having been a Father to those two.

I think I have supplied the right amount of discipline, education, inspiration and love to get them on the right road in life.

The future of the Republic rests in their hands and the hands of all our kids.

I've been fortunate in my associations in show biz.

Most notable have been Robert Wise, Patrick McGoohan, Mark Lenard, Jeff Corey, and so many others.

Because of them, I learned so much about myself and my craft that what lies ahead in terms of my work and how I approach it is going to exceed my expectations.

Then again, my idea of success and Hollywood's are often two different things.

I hope to get the word out through my work about our Freedom, what we need to do to renew it and Restore the Republic. There is the obvious dichotomy re two different things.

My bottom line is message received, though making a buck on the way pays the bills -s-.

Also, my associations and friendships among those who seek to Restore that said Republic are invaluable and well appreciated.

David Codrea, Mike Vanderboegh, many of the Examiners, Larry Pratt, Col. Jeff Cooper, Matt Bracken and so many others have made my life a richer experience.

If I'm allowed to live another 20 years, I look forward to the adventure ahead. I have a feeling that fate is taking a hand and will lead to a greater future, one with much work and sweat, but much satisfaction.

I have no idea how much time I have left.

I hope I'm using it to the best advantage.

I will live til I die.

1 comment:

kava said...

I look forward to your success!