Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's My Life

I'm not a big fan of Bon Jovi. He's an antigun liberal, that being a deciding factor.

But the song It's My Life has a ring to it and seems appropriate for Veteran's Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jmef6sffA

The movies depicted are of course fiction though the first is modeled after real events in the battle for Bataan.

I remember I had a classmate in grade school whose Dad was a survivor of the Death March.

He was a quiet unassuming guy. His son was a good kid. So it goes.

When I die as it were or whatever you want to call it, I'm requesting they play the slow version particularly.

I take credit for myself whatever that may be.

If those after me want to celebrate my life so be it.

I'd rather they live their own lives.

If I have given them the wherewithal, then it's up to them.

It's their lives.

No comments: