Wednesday, July 6, 2011

O.B.I.T.

This is the title of an Outer Limits episode, original series, available now with the whole series on DVD.

I'm going to let the synopsis speak for itself then comment afterwards. The following is from Wikipedia and all copyrights apply (Yes I am acutely aware of such being a writer myself. I appreciate when others post my stuff elsewhere adding where it's from and authorship.):

Intro:
A new device, the O.B.I.T. machine, allows the observation of anyone, anywhere, at any time.
Opening narration:
In this room, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, security personnel at the Defense Department Cyprus Hill's Research Center keep constant watch on its scientists through O.B.I.T., a mysterious electronic device whose very existence was carefully kept from the public at large. And so it would have remained but for the facts you are about to witness…
Plot:
While inquiring into the disappearance of an administrator at a government research facility, a Senator is confronted with paranoia, secrecy, and intimidation. He ultimately learns the cause: An unusual security device that is used to monitor its employees. The Outer Band Individuated Teletracer (known by the acronym O.B.I.T.)[1] is so pervasive that no one can escape its prying eye, at any time or in any place. After the missing administrator is found alive and reveals his knowledge of O.B.I.T., its sinister unearthly origins and purpose become apparent.
Quotes:
Lomax: People with nothing to hide have nothing to fear from O.B.I.T.
Orville: (scoffs) Are you that perfect, Mr. Lomax?
Lomax: The machines are everywhere! Oh you'll find them all, you're a zealous people. And you'll make a great show of smashing a few of them. But for every one you destroy, hundreds of others will be built. And they will demoralize you, break your spirits, create such rifts and tensions in your society that no one will be able to repair them! Oh, you're a savage, despairing planet, and when we come here to live, you friendless, demoralized flotsam will fall without even a single shot being fired. Senator, enjoy the few years left you. There is no answer. You're all of the same dark persuasion! You demand – insist – on knowing every private thought and hunger of everyone: Your families, your neighbors, everyone — but yourselves.
Closing narration:
Agents of the Justice Department are rounding up the machines now. But these machines, these inventions of another planet, have been cunningly conceived to prey on our most mortal weakness. In the last analysis, dear friends, whether O.B.I.T. lives up to its name or not will depend on you.

The Outer Limits like the Twilight Zone, but not as consistantly, IMHO, would often tell morality tales to pique our minds. This kid always questioned. I was a pain in the ass.

Of course, some of the shows may have had liberal overtones. But none were as bad as the stuff now. besides, even as a kid, I thought for myself.

The O.B.I.T. would be a wet dream even now for all the Freedom suckers. Watching all the time everything everywhere, it's like an evil Santa -s-.

One scene has a watcher marking how many times an employee speaks about his bosses derogatorily. Mhmmm. There are other intrigues to push the story along and I suggest you watch the show.

Unlike the OBIT, we are all too aware of the spying done on decent honest people round the world. They monitor blogs such as this too lol. I don't get the attention David Codrea and Mike Vanderboegh get, but I know I have been watched, including emails.

Though this is an alien 'plot' to conquer us through our own fears, isn't that what is being done now by the people alien to Freedom?

The whole Earth as the Village is very real now.

Lomax says that people with nothing to hide have nothing to fear. Sounds familiar huh? Hey you guys at IDHS, isn't that the crap you tried to hand me?

I DO NOT have anything to hide as far as the fact I am ardently opposed to the 'aliens' enslaving us.

How I go about that opposttion is my businees -s-.

Unlike the fictional Department of Justice, our very real one is complicent in selling our Freedom down the river.

One thing is very true. It IS up to us if these mokes succeed or not.

1 comment:

Mike H said...

Trivia note: Jeff Corey, who played Lomax, was one of my acting teachers.