Monday, August 29, 2011

Boxing Daze

I hate being put in a box. Considering my recent surgery, I mean that literally as well lol.

I understand a certain amount of categorization. What I object and rebel against is the attempt to lump people into human resource factories.

I have in my experiences, seen people with great talents, convinced to settle for less.

Maybe academics are not the cup of tea for some. Perhaps there are those who work with their hands better. Not stupid, God I hate disparaging, condescending attitudes as though some are a kind of thing, depersonalized, automat here for the service of their 'betters'.

All people are worthy of respect, unless their actions abrogate it.

I look for the uncommon, the unexpected. Some will never do but one thing. Can they do one thing well?

Are they in a box? Maybe. Or they have never had the chance to step out.

I can't save the world. But I can do my part.

And I am NOT going to fit in a box, hole, behind a fence or wall.

I will do what I can to help others to break free too.

1 comment:

boxer said...

I could say something but it might be taken as very rude -s-.