Sunday, May 30, 2010

Peter Marshall

Senate Chaplain and naturalized citizen, his story inspired the movie 'A Man Called Peter' in 1955 starring Richard Todd as Marshall.

It was based on his wife Catherine's bio of the same name.

He's been a hero of mine for decades.

The man had such a resolve and Christian ethic. I wonder what he would say about the last 30-40 years in DC?

He was resolutely Christian and I only say this because, it seems, if one were anything else, they would have to admire him for his moral stance and honesty.

I can only imagine his view of no prayer in school.

I say they can't legislate our morality, nor our faith, whatever it might be.

I'm a bit more of a character than Rev. Marshall was, I think. But I hope I possess an eloquence and strength of faith that will last and will continue to cry out for Restoration of this Republic which Rev. Marshall loved as I do.

2 comments:

teacher said...

Runnin a little behind ere ye?

Mike H said...

Ass deep in alligators.